6-Component Wheel Force Measuring System
Compact and Lightweight 6-Component Wheel Force Transducer SLW-25KNF
The main unit has been lightened from 5.2 kg to 3.3 kg, thereby mitigating the increase in unsprung weight. And the capacity of the three-component wheel forces has been increased from 20 kN to 25 kN. The Three Moment has been expanded from 3 kN to 4 kN, and the number of measuring vehicles has been diversified. In addition, for the purpose of reducing the accumulation of conducted/radiated heat in the six-component wheel force transducer during braking, the six-component wheel force transducer sensing section has been opened, and the effective cool-down running and the extended operable time of the six-component wheel force transducer has been enabled.
- High Precision
- Compact and Light Weight (approx. 3.3 kg)
- Can be mounted on various vehicle models using exclusive rims and hub adaptors
- Easy installation to an actual car
- Running in the rain possible because of the waterproof structure
- Built-in slip ring and rotary encoder assembly incorporates vibration resistance
- Three-phase rotary encoder precisely detects the angle at all times.
- Characteristic data are easily input to the measuring instrument using the included media.
Type SLW-25KNF Capacity Fx, Fy, Fz 25kN Mx, My, Mz 4kN-m Non-linearity 1%RO Hysteresis 1%RO Temperature
effect on zero
effect on span
-10~+60°C Temperature range -20~+80°C Allowable Overload* Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz 130% Critical Overload* Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz 150％ Maximaum rotarion 2500 rpm Fixing to hub Using hub adapter Applicable hubs 100-4/100-5/114.3-4/114.3-5 hole, etc. Fixing to tire Using exclusive rim Applicable rim : 12-in. or larger Weight Approx. 3.3kg Input/ Output cable φ9mm multi-core shielded polyurethane cable 5m
*Allowable overloads are not guaranteed when all listed component forces are simultaneously input.
*This specification is for static input. Impact loads may cause load transducer failure or damage.
Slip-ring type SLW-NC 6-Component Wheel Force Transducer
This is a load cell which measures an external force passed to the tire from the road surface while the car is running, by breaking the force down into orthogonal three-component force and three moments around the force axes. Highly precise measurement is possible in every driving condition owing to its load detecting part with reasonably arranged strain gauges, slip ring and rotary encoder assembly with improved vibration resistance, and waterproof structure. This transducer is used together with the exclusive 6-component force analyzer MFT-306. The 6-component force is indicated in a coordinate system based on the car body.
- High precision
- Light weight
- Installation possible to various vehicles using exclusive rim and hub adaptor
- Easy installation to an actual car
- Running in the rain possible by the waterproof structure
Miniature 6-Component Force Analyzer MFT-306
The miniature 6-component force analyzer MFT-306 is connected to a 6-component wheel force transducer and receives force signals as three-component force and three moments around the force axes. Corrections are digitally processed for mutual interference between components and for rotation based on the rotation signal from the encoder. Signals of 6 components and tire rotation count are output from the connectors on the front panel as analog voltage. Setting and monitor viewing are done on a PC, controlling up to 4 units of 6-component force analyzer. After the setting, the analyzers can perform measurements by themselves without a PC.
- Constructed small and light to save the installation space
- High speed operation of correcting mutual interference and rotation
- Voltage output of 6-component data and tire rotation
- Forward and backward measurement possible with the encoder
- Characteristics data of 6-component wheel force transducer are set by a PC
- Control possible for up to 4 units